Sunday, November 7, 2010

Naomi Watts Shares Her Experiences of Intense Training for CIA Agent Role in Upcoming Movie "Fair Game"

The, 42-Years old, Australian actress stars as Valerie Plame in the autobiographical movie about a CIA spy whose career is destroyed by a 2003 White House press leak. Her marriage to diplomat Joe Wilson, played by Sean Penn, is severely strained in the process. Naomi Watts survived her intense training to play the part of US CIA agent Valerie Plame. Here's how Naomi describes the experience;

“The first half-hour, they showed a video of people being killed in the most gruesome ways just so you would get used to it,” she said.


“The next thing I knew, they had me handcuffed with my hands behind my back and thrown into a truck. My job was to get out alive.”

Naomi continued saying the training was particularly demanding both emotionally and physically, and she had to endure a number of punishing trials to get into the mindset of her character.

“The minute my director walked out, they kicked me in the shins and threw me to the ground,” she said.

“When I winced, I was warned, ‘Don’t say ‘ow’ again unless you need to go to the hospital.’”

Naomi said the greatest pressure on her was, however, to make sure she gave an accurate representation of Valerie, who was exposed by her own government, effectively ending her career as a spy , in 2003.

“When you play someone who is a true, living person, it definitely ups the ante. The pressure is tenfold,” she said.

“Everyone in America is familiar with this story. I just wanted to tell it as truthfully as possible.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AMAZON.COM

Smowtion

Smowtion ...