Monday, April 19, 2010

Bathing Scene in Jagmohan Mundhra’s “Apartment” Not Vulgar at All - - Neetu Chandra Commented on Much-in-News Scene


Actress Neetu Chandra doesn’t like to be called a bold actress and says her much-in-news bathing scene in Jagmohan Mundhra’s “Apartment” is not at all vulgar.

“There is no vulgarity or cheapness in the shower scene. The shot gives an illusion that I am not wearing anything but it is a trick of the camera. It’s an illusion that the filmmakers have created because I wasn’t comfortable shooting otherwise,” Neetu, 25, told IANS in an interview.

The actress, who made an appearance as a temptress on UTV Bindass’ “Emotional Atyachaar” to promote her film, says she feels disturbed when people react strongly to such scenes.

“I play a hostel girl in the movie and in that particular scene I am just thinking about something while bathing. Now this is something so many of us do and can connect with. Besides, you can’t wear a lehenga in the bathroom. What’s realistic cinema then?” said Neetu.

Comparisons are being drawn between her bathing scene and a similar scene by veteran actress Smita Patil in 1980 film “Chakra”.

Commenting upon that, Neetu said: “Back then even Smita Patil knew what she was doing. It’s not wrong. I don’t do films because they have bold scenes. I do bold scenes if the script demands,” she said.

The mention of her being known as a bold actress in Bollywood ticks off Neetu, who drew the ire of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) activists for her girl-on-girl photo shoot for a magazine last year.

“Where have I done bold roles? I have not done any bold role. In ‘Traffic Signal’, I played a simple girl, in ‘One Two Three’ I played a police officer and was covered in uniform throughout.”

“Then in ‘Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!’ also I am not wearing revealing clothes and neither have I done anything shocking in ‘Rann’ in which I play a model. So what is bold? Even in ‘Apartment’ this is just a scene which you won’t even care about when you see the film,” she said in an agitated tone.

For Neetu, who has worked in films like “Traffic Signal”, “Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!”, “13 B” and “Rann”, selecting a project primarily depends on director.

“When a story is narrated and executed - a lot of things change. So for me, it is my director who should be good. Then I see the production house. Luckily, I have worked with some of the best people like Priyadarshan, Mahur Bhandarkar and now will be working with Anees Bazmee and Vipul Shah,” she said.

Among her upcoming movies are “Khusar Prasad Ka Bhoot”, “Love Jaisa Kuch” and Anees Bazmee’s “No Problem”.

Her film “Apartment”, which also features Tanushree Dutta, will release April 23.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AMAZON.COM

Smowtion

Smowtion ...